Today I found out that I'm not Yelp Elite anymore. Which is fine because I haven't written a review in four months as of today. I've been too busy writing cover letters and blog posts and maintaining three Twitter accounts (seriously, it's easier than it looks - sometimes). But since there's only so much writing that I can do, this ends the weekly portion of this blog. If something exciting happens, i.e. I discover some tried and true new method of job hunting or find a full-time job, I'll pop back in to announce the big news.
For now, if you want to follow my endeavors in microblogging form, you can at @greenmind0428 on Twitter (or @MGoldman2_0 for my social media consultancy) or at my other blog at www.michaelgoldman20.com.
I'm still going to keep a spreadsheet of my expenses too. If anyone even cares about that part anymore, you can ask for it. Or be my friend on Foursquare I guess. And so, with those words, I bring you the following...
Here's how I "spent" last week:
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27 ($26.57)
- 1:03 p.m. Roti Mediterranean Grill - $8.52. Since I got the ROTD in Washington D.C. for the first time for the Foggy Bottom location of Roti, I had to stop by there and celebrate with some deliciousness.
- 1:46 p.m. GW Bookstore - Free. After I had fished the printer out from near the trash, I found out that it needed ink. The printer is so old that this book store did not have it.
- 2:37 p.m. Staples - $18.05. While I didn't buy resume paper, I did buy plain stock and the yellow ink that the printer was short on. When I got home, it all magically worked. If I need to, I'll buy resume paper at FedEx Kinko's since I don't visit there enough to fax.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28 ($7.00)
- 12:00 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free. One thing that I miss at home is cable news. I don't know why I miss it. But the gym has it and it gets me feeling caught up on hyperbole.
- 1:26 p.m. Tynan Coffee & Tea - $7.00. I finally wrote another blog entry in my other blog. It had been almost a month. Rockville has not been good for my blogging by any means.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 29 (Free)
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30 ($10.00)
- 12:43 p.m. Mexico Puebla - $6.00. Going all the way out the Gaithersburg and not knowing that the MVA was closed early for the holiday kind of sucked pretty bad. But at least I got some food truck burrito satisfaction.
- 1:59 p.m. Starbucks - $4.00. I finally got around to uploading my Christmas photos using the wi-fi at this Starbucks. It felt like getting something accomplished I guess.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31 ($3.00)
- 4:30 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free. The fact that there are decision making general assemblies at Occupy D.C. really makes for a nice gym schedule as well.
- 5:53 p.m. Occupy K Street - Free. It was unfortunate that the New Year's Eve party got cancelled since the Park Police were worried about the mall. But I still got to take part in my first Occupy D.C. proper GA.
- 7:42 p.m. Starbucks - $3.00. With the police cancelling my New Year's plans, I tried to figure out what to do. This Starbucks ended up closing on me before I could.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 1 ($3.91)
- 2:17 p.m. Freedom Plaza - Free. I had never visited the permitted, older, Occupy D.C. camp before. It was cleaner. But I'm kind of used to the chaotic vibe at McPherson Square now.
- 3:05 p.m. Occupy K Street - Free. In theory, I was there for the Media Committee meeting. But I couldn't find them and decided to just go home after visiting with a couple of people.
- 4:07 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free. Visiting the gym after Occupy D.C. was not the normal direction. But it did feel good to get a bit of the dust off of me.
- 5:23 p.m. CVS/pharmacy - $3.91. As I knew I might get a call to temp starting the next day, I wanted to buy razors. They were out. But they had only essentials that I needed.
MONDAY, JANUARY 2 ($44.78)
- 3:35 p.m. Target - $16.05. While I don't think Target is a great place to shop for groceries, they do occasionally have bargains. I found a few.
- 4:51 p.m. Giant Food - Flagship Center - $28.73. Fully stocking up on groceries felt pretty good. I probably couldn't afford it, but I needed a bit of a pick me up.
So that's $95.26. A pretty good way to end this blog. With a week under $100.00. Technically I lost my job on January 4, 2010 so there were two days unaccounted for. On these two days, I didn't leave my apartment at all. Unless I find a job soon, there will probably be two and three day stretches of this and no one wants to read about those I'm sure. So, until I blog on here with some news, I wish all my readers the best in the new year. My total spent which I've been unemployed is $10641.78.