Monday, November 7, 2011

How I Spent The Forty-Third Week Of The Rest Of My Life

Yikes.  I completely forgot to write an entry in both of my blogs last week.  New York City was a lot of fun.  I realized that I could go to New York City and do pretty much the same thing that I do in Washington D.C.  And spend about the same thing.  Not that I should make a habit of going north for a few days, but it was nice to be able to get away for a bit.  I can see how people can go between the two so seamlessly.  Though I think most people who do are a lot richer and take the ACELA.

The MegaBus wasn't bad.  I might even go back for Christmas.  Though I'm hoping that I'm temping by then and maybe won't be able to.  I applied at a not-for-profit specific temp agency both to work and be placed yesterday.  So now I'm on the books at four temp agencies.  I hope to hear from one of them soon.  At least once I move to Rockville in 10 days.

Here's how I "spent" last week:

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25 (Free)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26 ($43.67)

  • 9:29 a.m. Human Rights Campaign - Free.  It wasn't another interview (though that would have been awesome), but it was work related.  It was a seminar on what is legal to discuss on social media for various kinds of non-profits.
  • 11:15 a.m. Roti Mediterranean Grill - $8.52. Since I was in the area, even if I got lost, I couldn't avoid going to Roti.  It was so amazing.
  • 11:41 a.m. Filene's Basement - $9.53. I decided that since it was getting cold, I would buy the people at Occupy D.C. some warm socks.  I was hoping they'd be a little cheaper.
  • 12:16 p.m. Occupy D.C. - Free.  The only reason that I felt entire comfortable buying stuff for Occupy D.C. was that they tweeted that anything given them would be donated to the homeless once they were done.  Before I even dropped the socks in the "comfort station," a homeless person had claimed them.
  • 12:52 p.m. Starbucks - $4.00.  When I discovered that I had forgotten my power cord after using my computer to take notes, I knew I was getting nothing done.  I was tired anyhow.
  • 1:44 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free.  At least I remembered to bring my workout clothes so I could get that done.
  • 2:49 p.m. Safeway - $15.59.  Thankfully I brought my backpack as opposed to my laptop bag so I was able to get groceries without worrying about another bag disaster.
  • 4:55 p.m. Subway - $6.03.  After bailing me out the week before, they had a customer this week as well.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27 (Free)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 ($49.84)

  • 11:49 a.m. Truckeroo - $14.50.  As the final Truckeroo, I didn't want to miss this one.  I ended up finally eating at Basil Thyme.  And I got some cheesecake.  They charged admission (for charity) for this one, so I'm almost glad it was the last one.
  • 12:37 p.m. Starbucks - $4.00.  I am trying to avoid switching to hot tea for as long as possible.  But it was pretty cold on this day so it won't be much longer.
  • 3:37 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free.  With how much I had gotten out of shape, this was the first time that I did my full workout in quite some time.
  • 4:51 p.m. Safeway - $25.98.  Unlike on Wednesday, when I was half asleep, I remembered everything.  Including my grocery bag.  So I was able to get my full compliment of groceries.
  • 5:57 p.m. Union Station - $5.36.  I decided to go back up to Union Station to get burritos so I wouldn't have to worry about dinner when I got home.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29 (Free)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30 ($6.58)

  • 8:12 p.m. IHOP - $6.58.  Even though I didn't want to walk all the way to IHOP, I wanted to get the pumpkin pancakes one more time before Halloween.  They were great.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31 ($26.62)

  • 1:10 p.m. Chipotle Mexican Grill - $7.00.  I'm not used to going to Chipotle before the gym, but I got a really late start.
  • 2:42 p.m. Starbucks - $4.00.  There were four jobs ads that expired on Halloween.  I had applied for one the night before.  Amazingly, I was able to apply for the other three at Starbucks.
  • 5:04 p.m. Washington Sports Club - Free.  Even though I didn't feel great after submitting three applications, I had enough mental energy left to work out.
  • 8:10 p.m. Walgreens - $9.99.  Since I had a lot of time to kill in Manassas, I decided to try and get my prescription filled.  Walgreens couldn't do it.  But I did get Benadryl.
  • 8:57 p.m. Taco Bell - $5.63.  To end the night, I rushed to Taco Bell and got some burritos to get a lot of energy before I left for New York City.

So that's $126.71.  For the next week, I'm going to try to stay at home a lot before I end up in Maryland soon.  But that's after another entry that I should do some time this week.  Hopefully, I'm have some exciting news about temping.  But I don't have anything in the pipeline.  My total money spent since I've been unemployed is $8730.31.

No comments:

Post a Comment