Monday, April 18, 2011

My Time In Chicago Ends On A Winning Note

I've never really had a problem with T.V.  I've never been an addict and I've never hated television.  I haven't had cable in years, but I do love certain T.V. shows (especially on Sunday night for anyone who reads my Twitter stream).  But now I have a problem with a T.V.  A slightly out of date but still really nice 26" Panasonic to be exact.  It's been my T.V. for about five years now.

The current dilemma of my very existence.

See the problem is it's not a flat screen so it takes up too much room in my rental car.  I can fit pretty much everything that I can possibly need in there.  And I have.  Of the 15 boxes, I have stuffed 6 in the trunk and all but 4 more in the back seat without even using the seat itself.  The problem is that something is going to have to ride shotgun.  And, well, have this T.V. next to me for the duration of the trip is worrisome.  I could put it in the back but if I stack more than one box in the passenger seat, it too could fall over on my during the long trip.

So I think I'll be leaving my television behind when I depart semi-permanently tomorrow for the Washington D.C. environs.

When I first picked up my Nissan Versa, I was wondering if I could fit anything inside it at all.  But I had faith since the last time I moved, it was with a similarly sized Plymouth Breeze.  My only worry was that it was a hatchback and didn't have a full trunk.  When I said I had 15 boxes, the cashier stared at me and said, "you should have gotten something bigger than a compact.  But I think anything smaller than a gas guzzling full size would not have fit this T.V. so I'm not going to worry about it since that was $115.00 more.  And, like I said, this T.V. is out of date.

But awesome!  Does anybody want to buy it for like $40?

Anyhow, my last day in Chicago was mostly spent packing.  But I did go bowling at the Fireside Bowl tonight and in the final game, I beat one of my peeps 131 to 129.  I think that's a good omen.  That and I got over $45 from the Coinstar machine.  So my first two tanks of gas are paid for by an American Express gift card I got from my old job and that.  Or, well, most of a tank of gas.  The T.V. wouldn't even pay for a third.

The last bit of good news was that since it's Spring Break in Fairmount, WV, Coal Country Mini-Golf is open from noon to 8.  That means if I don't make it the first day, I won't blow the second day if I do it first thing (since it's about 4.5 hours from my new home).  But this means I don't have to leave at the butt crack of dawn.  If I want to wait until 10:00 a.m. to avoid traffic, I totally can do that as well.

It's off to sleep now either way.  My little car with the Delaware plates (another bit of win today) will be off in the morning for greener (and less snowy) pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment